Acceptance of Terms
Welcome to MilitaryStarter.com (this site), a site brought to you by Bright Mountain®, LLC.
Using this site
When you access and use this site you have a limited license to view and make use of this site for your personal use only. This limited license does not permit any user to download, cache, compile, or copy information from this site including, but not limited to, project descriptions, images, and/or listings for the use by or benefit of another business entity or merchant. This site, and/or any part of this site, may not be copied, duplicated, reproduced, sold, or exploited for any commercial purpose or intent without the express written consent of Bright Mountain®, LLC
Here at MilitaryStarter we give back by making contributions, as specified below, to non-profit organizations (Organizations) providing services and programs to and for Military Personnel (including Active Duty, Veteran, Reservist, and Retired) and their family.
Contributions will be made on a semi-annual basis during the months of January and July to the Organizations listed on our GIVING BACK page.
The contribution amount will be 10% of the 5% fee collected from the funding amounts given to Creator’s Projects. The amount will be divided equally among the Organizations listed on our GIVING BACK page.
The Organizations are subject to change without prior notice and will be effective as of the posting of the modified list to the Giving Back page at this site.
A dashboard (this area, dashboard, or account) is made available to Creators (Participant Users) and Funders (Participant Users) that submit Projects and Fund Projects (respectively) at this site. This area is provided for use by the Participant User to maintain their profile and other related activities. Participant Users assume complete responsibility for the confidentiality and maintenance of, and the content of their Dashboard. You agree to notify us immediately of any security breach of your account. We are not responsible for any losses arising out of the unauthorized use of your account.
Creators/Funders; Eligibility; Projects; The Process Creators are person(s) who post their project(s) at this site with the intention of acquiring crowd funding for their posted project. Projects will be reviewed for adherence to Military Starter’s guidelines, Terms, and Rules. Creators are solely responsible for taxes, fees, or reporting requirements for any funds that are received through any project posted to this site. Bright Mountain® has no liability for and is not responsible for any financial obligations regarding the funds received by the creator through this site for any project that the Creator posted to this site. Financial obligations includes, but is not limited to taxes, fees, fines, legal expenses, reporting requirements, and filing requirements.
Funders are person(s) who provide funding to projects as they elect to.
Military Personnel (including Active Duty, Veteran, Reservist, and Retired) and their immediate family members are eligible to submit and post Projects to this site. Creators can post one project at a time to this site, multiple projects at the same time are not permitted.
Use of this Site includes by is not limited to visiting this site, using the various online resources provided at or in any location on this site, the Users election to become either a Creator or a Funder.
This site provides a reward-based crowd-funding platform to Military Personnel (including Active Duty, Veteran, Reservist, and Retired) and their immediate family (Parents , spouse, children, and siblings).
In summary, here is how it works. You can find more information at the FAQs.
* Creators post their projects to invite other people (Funders) to form a contract with them. Persons who elect to become Funders to a Creator’s posted project are accepting the Creator’s conditions and offer and are forming a contract with the Creator. Bright Mountain® is not a party to or a part of this contract. The Creator and Funder enter into a direct legal agreement.
* Military Personnel (including Active Duty, Veteran, Reservist, and Retired) will be subject to a Military status verification powered by SheerID. Military immediate family members will be subject to a verification of their status as a Military immediate family member. This verification requires the family member to provide additional documentation of Service to SheerID. We do not hold or retain any of the personal information provided for the verification. Creators will be charged a $4.99 fee to become a Creator with a Verified status.
* Creators can submit a project for review by first clicking on the GET VERIFIED link at this site, completing the required information and paying the $4.99 fee. We do not retain or maintain any of the information submitted to SheerID for verification. Once the verification is complete the Creator will set up their account and then submit their Project for review. The review usually takes two (2) to three (3) days. If the Project is accepted the Creator will be notified electronically and the Project will go live on MilitaryStarter.com.
* When a Creator sets up their account they will provide information to a Third Party Merchant for the transfer of funds to them from a Funder. We do not collect, maintain, or hold in any fashion any credit card information collected by the Third Party Merchant from the Creator. The Third Party Merchant will retain 2.9% of the monies from the Funder. In addition the Third Party Merchant will charge a $.30/transaction flat fee. So, if the Funder decides to fund $1,000 to the Project the Creator will receive a total of $970.70. ($1,000 LESS ((2.9% * $1,000) PLUS $.30) = $970.70
* Project duration has no minimum or maximum, Creators set the Project Duration. * There is no minimum or maximum dollar value for any Project.
* When Funders fund a Project the monies are provided to the Creator through a Third Party Merchant. We do not collect, maintain, or hold in any fashion any credit card information collected by the Third Party Merchant from the Funder.
* When Projects are funded MilitaryStarter.com will charge the Creator 5% of the funding amount. For example, if a Creator’s Project receives $1,000 in funding from a Funder the creator will receive $950 ($1,000 LESS the 5% charge).
User/Participant User Responsibilities
We are not involved in any disputes, conflicts, damages, losses and or claims that arise due to or through the use of this site and/or between the Creator, the Funder, or any other Users of this site.
We do not oversee the performance, progress, outcomes, actions, or other activity of Projects posted to this site. We do not, and do not have the responsibility to examine, evaluate, approve, or warrant the quality or outcome of the projects posted by creators to this site. We do not assume any responsibility or liability for the outcomes, actions, products, and/or content of any or all of the projects made available at this site. We are not liable for any negative outcome (including but not limited to damages, losses or injury) related to your use of this site. When you use this site you release Bright Mountain® from claims, damages, and demands of every kind — known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, disclosed or undisclosed — arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and the Services. All content you access through the use of this site is at your own risk, and you are solely responsible for any resulting damage or loss to any party.
All visitors/users of this site are urged to exercise reasonable prudence in all interactions, transactions, and any and all other activities and/or conduct while using this site and/or contacting or responding to contacts made through use of, viewing, or employing any of the various online resources provided, included on, or otherwise made available through this site. Although this site is intended for general use, children 18 years and under should not use this site.
You are responsible for conducting any necessary, prudent, appropriate, judicious investigation(s), research, inquiry, or due diligence with respect to your interactions with others.
You agree to indemnify and hold Bright Mountain® and all their agents, representatives, employees, and officers harmless from and against any claims, cause of action, demand or damages associated with or related to your interactions with others. Any attorney’s fees and costs incurred by Bright Mountain® and all their agents, representatives, employees, and officers are included in this indemnification.
If at any time any content at this site is incorrect due to typographical error or is inaccurate information we retain the right to cancel and/or refuse purchases and/or orders placed based on such errors or information. Bright Mountain® does not warrant that any content contained in this or related sites is accurate, complete, reliable, current, free of errors or inaccuracies.
We assume no liability or responsibility and do not make any representations or warranties regarding the authenticity, accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any content posted or submitted by Third Party providers of any content. Users of this site that post or submit content grant Bright Mountain® a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sub licensable right to use, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display said content anywhere in any media. You grant Bright Mountain® sub licensees, in their sole discretion, the right to use the name submitted in connection with said content.
Children under 13 and Children under 16
Personally Identifiable Information is not knowingly collected by this site from children 16 years of age and under. If we learn that information has been collected from a child at or under the age of 16 without verification of parental consent the information will be deleted as quickly as reasonably possible.
Disclosure and Use of Your Communications; Electronic Communications
Visitors and Users of this site consent to receive electronic communications (e-mail) from Bright Mountain®. We will communicate with Visitors/Users via e-mail or by posting notices to this site. Visitors/Users of this site agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications provided to you by us electronically will satisfy any legal requirements for communication in writing.
Creators, Funders, Users, Advertisers, and all those who use, post and/or fund projects, and/or visit this site agree that they will NOT personally or in any manner effect or invoke any other party to:
- Harass, demean, stalk, threaten, defraud others at this site.
- Post, send, provide, request, distribute, link, or in any way make available any inappropriate or offensive content or materials including, but not limited to: pornographic or sexually explicit, threatening, hostile, violent, embarrassing, harmful, hateful, racially insulting, ethnically insulting, deceptive, defamatory, tortious, libelous, or otherwise inappropriate, regulated, illegal, or offensive content or material. This includes nicotine, tobacco and vaporizer products.
- Post, send, provide, distribute, request, link, make, discuss, depict, or in any way make available any form of child, or any other, person or creature, abuse, cruelty, sexuality, exploitation, or any other related materials or topics posing harm to, or threatening the security of a child or an individual.
- Post, make, request, send, link, or provide inappropriate or unsolicited advertisements, offers, or proposals for services, goods, or any other commercial activities.
- Access or attempt to access another person’s account at this site, or impersonate another person or any Bright Mountain® staff members
- Obtain without permission or by hacking, or encourage another person to obtain user name(s), password(s), and/or any other information from this site; or provide any such information to a Third Party.
- Use any of the information or site features for anything other than what they are intended to be used for. This includes the exploitation of any issues or glitches at this site for personal gain.
- Interfere, or intentionally interfere with, the security-related features, the operation of this site, or a member’s enjoyment or use of this site; including trolling or any other such behaviors.
- Use this site, or encourage or entreat others to use this site for any illegal purpose or intent.
- Default on payments for purchases made at this site.
- Post, send, provide, request, link, distribute or in any way make available any content containing software viruses, code intended to damage, or otherwise interfere with any system, hardware, software, equipment, data, or any other information.
- Engage in misrepresentation of any sources, identification of, or content of information transmitted to this site, including false representations, or trademark, patent, or any other right or right of ownership infringement. For example: you are precluded from claiming as your own work anything created by another person.
- Attempt or encourage another to attempt to disassemble, decipher, reverse engineer, decompile, or in any manner attempt to attain any source code, underlying algorithms, or original ideas or content of any part of this site.
- Attempt, or encourage another to attempt to conduct to violate the security of this site, content, databases, services provided, network, Third Parties, or Third Party provided information/services, including, without limitation: a) accessing data or logging into servers, accounts, or databases unintended for such user(s), or which the user is not authorized to access; b) to probe, scan or test the vulnerability; c) to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; d) to interfere via means of, but not limited to, submitting a virus, overloading, “flooding”, “spamming”, “mail bombing”, “crashing”, or sending unsolicited email including promotions and/or advertising of products or services, or forging any TCP/IP packet header on any part of the header information in any posting; e) to use any device, software, or routine to interfere, or attempt to interfere with proper functioning of this site, content, databases, services provided, network, Third Parties, or Third Party provided information/services.
- Taking, or encouraging another to take intentional actions which impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of this Site, its services and content, server, or Third Parties or Affiliates.
Ownership Notice and Usage Restrictions
This website is intended for your personal and non-commercial use only. All of the content, information, data, Third Party content supplied information, and any other information provided in this site is NOT intended for reproduction, distribution, sales or transmission by or for any business, commercial or public purposes. All materials that are included on this site are protected by their applicable laws (these laws include US and International copyright and trademark laws), and any unauthorized use, duplication, distribution or sales of such materials may violate copyright, trademark, and other applicable laws.
Third-Party Advertising Companies:
When you visit this site third-party advertising companies may serve ads to you. These companies employ behavioral advertising techniques, and may use information about your visits to websites to tailor advertisements about goods and services to your interests. Unless otherwise stated your name, address, email address, or telephone number are not included in the information used by these advertisers. Please Click Here for more information about this practice, and to find out about opting out of targeted advertising from these companies. Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through this site, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings are solely between you and such advertiser. You agree that Bright Mountain® shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on this site.
By virtue of your accessing this site you agree that you are solely responsible for use of this website. In addition you further agree to indemnify and hold harmless Bright Mountain®, any and all of its affiliated companies/businesses, suppliers, partners, licensors, and other parties from any claims, damages, losses, liabilities, and including attorneys’ fees which arise out of your misuse or use of this site, violation of these terms, or the violation of any persons or entities rights, or any breach of the warranties, representations, and covenants made by you herein.
Disclaimer of Warranty and Limitation of Liability
This website and all content, Various online resources , and services provided or made available through this site are provided to Visitors/Users “as is” and on an “as available” basis, unless otherwise specified in writing. Bright Mountain® does not make any representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the operation or accuracy of this site, or of the content, Various online resources , and services provided, included on, or otherwise made available through this site. further, Bright Mountain®, to the full extent permissible by law, disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for any particular purpose. Bright Mountain® does not warrant or represent that this site and any and all content, information, materials, products, software, or services provided, included, or otherwise made available through this site, their servers, or electronic communications are free of errors, defects, viruses, bugs, worms, or any other harmful components or items. Bright Mountain® shall not be liable for any damages resulting from the use or misuse of this site, or from any content, Various online resources , and services provided, included, or otherwise made available through this site including, but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages. visitors/users of this site agree that they use this site at their own risk.
Reservation of Rights
Modifications to Service
We retain the right to temporarily or permanently, and in part or in whole, change, modify or discontinue this site and/or any content on this site at any time and for any reason without prior notice.
Choice of Law and Choice of Forum
Statute of Limitations:
Applicable Laws And Governing Language:
Bright Mountain®, LLC
P.O. Box 810012
Boca Raton, FL 33481-0012